Thursday, March 18, 2010

Platter

Here is another one.
This is so awesome, because I am being reminded of all these days that I would have totally forgotten about.


so it wasn't mono. but it felt like it for the first
bit.
i am too lazy to find my cellphone and tell you what
the joke of the day was, but i assure you it wasn't
funny.

i had...a really good day. even though it's
ridiculously hot here. hot and dry and still and it
hurts to breathe. i went to visit my old friend who
lives in the neighborhood. she's a crazy painter woman
who has a shaved nazi haircut and owns a whole pen of
goats. i didn't tell her i was coming so i went in
through the back to say hi to the goats. i was sitting
in the pen and they were trying to eat me but they
were so cute i couldn't leave. i guess she saw me
through the window and she came out with a pitcher of
iced tea and a bowl of chilled sugar cane on a SILVER
PLATTERFROM EAST INDIA. god, i thought i had died and
went to heaven. so we sat in there and talked about
how we are both pretty much failures.

i'm pretty sure i just had to tell you that because
somebody needs to know that i was handed something on
a silver platter.

anyway. i built a darkroom in my little cave this
weekend and have been printing like a madwoman. i feel
like a chemist and it feels good.
sew gewd.

how's the world over there? tell me something good
bestbestbest
hanna

No comments: